Marion Public Library will begin a phased reopening plan.
Due to the high touch nature of the services we provide, we are taking the safety of our patrons and customer very seriously. This means many services and procedures will be impacted for the foreseeable future.
Effective June 22nd
- MAIN LIBRARY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR BROWSING: (Curb Service door pickup will continue with guidelines listed below)
- Monday & Thursday from 10AM - 6PM
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 11AM - 7PM
- Friday: CLOSED
- Saturday from 10AM - 1PM
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Branches will remain closed indefinitely
MPL Reopening Procedures:
- Bring your Library card and PIN number for safer self-checkout.
- No more than 50 patrons in the Library at any given time.
- Limit your time in the Library to one (1) hour to accommodate as many users as possible.
- Computer use limited to 50 minutes per day and one (1) person per computer.
- Patrons must practice social distancing of six feet while in the Library.
- Patrons who are symptomatic or do not feel well should not enter the Library.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear masks and to use available hand sanitizer.
- Kids must be accompanied by an adult.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 3-4 days before check-in.
- Services currently unavailable: feature films and television series (DVD & BluRay), public restrooms, meeting rooms, newspapers, homebound delivery
- Access to our local history room will be available by appointment only
- Check in with staff at the desk
- One (1) hour per day
- Two (2) person maximum occupancy
- Reserve by asking staff at the info desk, or by calling (740) 387-0992, or scheduling online
All staff members are required to:
- Perform a daily symptoms assessment before coming to the building
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Wash their hands frequently and use hand sanitizer
- Maintain an appropriate social distance of at least six feet
Information for Curb Service (at door pickup)
- Staff will handle online and phone requests for BOOKS and AUDIO BOOKS only.
- There will be NO FINES on overdue items. All items can be dropped in the book drops at any time and all returned items are kept quarantined for a minimum of 3 days before check-in. Library accounts will update only after the items have been processed and no fines will accrue during this waiting period.
- Books can be placed on reserve through our online catalog system or over the phone. You will be notified when your requested items are available for pickup. Items can be picked up at our entrance located nearest the parking lot.
- You can call in to request a book(s) and if you don't know exactly what you want we can make recommendations - BOOKS only.
- An inactive library card can be updated over the phone at 740-387-0992.
You can access magazines, ebooks, audiobooks, streaming tv and films through our digital collection through Overdirve, Libby, and RBdigital apps. Please visit MarionLibrary.com/borrow to learn more.
Don't forget to check out the Little Free Library in your neighborhood for additional reading material.